PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
1. The main objective of Information Science and Engineering Program is the upliftment of students through Information technology education with basic, contemporary and engineering skills to identifying and solve the problems of the industry and academia.
2. The graduates of Information Science and Engineering Program should be able to use their skills with a strong base to prepare them for higher learning and research
3. The graduates of Information Science and Engineering Program should have an exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training and opportunities to work as teams on multi-disciplinary projects with effective communication skills, individual, supportive and leadership qualities and also obtain the tools to successfully identify and adapt to ever changing technologies.
4. The graduates of Information Science and Engineering Program should be able to establish an understanding of professionalism, ethics, public policy and aesthetics that allows them to become good professional Engineers
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Students in the Information Science and Engineering programme should at the time of their graduation be in possession of:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computing, science, and engineering.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering can apply mathematics, science, computing and engineering knowledge to solve complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering will be able to identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using mathematics, science, engineering and technology.
3. Design and Development: Ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering will possess strong fundamental concepts in design and development of software and hardware components. The outcome of the design features meets the specified needs of the society in the following aspects.
• Public administration, health, finance, business, cultural, education and industry.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering will be able to design, conduct and demonstrate engineering problems through excellent programming using analytical, logical and problem solving skills. The obtained result and data can be interpreted for simulation and synthesis to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Ability to create and use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering can develop and use IT tools necessary for resolve complex engineering activity.
6. The Engineer and Society: Ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, and societal context.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering professionals have their consequential responsibilities to assess the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues locally and globally.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Ability to apply the IT professional knowledge to produce the sustainable development without affecting environmental issues.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering professionals works towards the sustainable growth of the society without causing or having the knowledge of its effects on the environmental and societal contexts.
8. Ethics: Ability to understand professional, social and ethical responsibility.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering commits best professional and ethical practices with social concern by following the norms of professional engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team work: Ability to function as individual or as a member of team.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering will be able to work effectively as an individual or a member of a team in an IT industry or a multi-disciplinary organization with a diverse team.
10. Communication: Ability to communicate effectively.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms on complex engineering activities for engineering community and public and also able to write design documents and presentations effectively.
11. Project management Finance: Ability to work with good engineering and managerial skills under proper financial constraints.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering will be able to understand the project management techniques and teamwork necessary for successful completion of projects within the stipulated period with effective utilization of resources and allocated budget.
12. Life-Long Learning: Ability to recognize the need for and to engage in life-long learning.
• The graduates of Information Science and Engineering will be able recognize the advances in relevant field by learning and adapting new engineering technologies to sustain in the modern technological arena.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSOs)
• To provide students with Core Competence in mathematical, scientific and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve hardware/software engineering problems.
• To train students with good breadth of knowledge in core areas of Information Technology and related engineering.
• To inculcate the students to maintain high professionalism and managerial skills with ethical standards.
• To provide our graduates with learning environment awareness of the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.